Monday, November 26, 2012

Tapas Tapas Tapas!!!


            Let me start by saying that I LOVE FOOD!  The most obvious and well known Spanish food traditions are the tapas, and I have quickly grown to love them, too.  It is a perfect dish for someone like me because I love trying new foods and I love being able to eat many different types of foods in one sitting.  With tapas, I can order a bunch of these small plates at the same time and be able to enjoy a diverse selection.  I could not ask for anything better, oh and because its Spanish food and not American, it even tastes better!  I am dreading the day I go back to the states because the quality of food is just not the same.  I love every meal I eat here in Spain, and tapas just make it even sadder for me when I am forced to leave at the end of the semester.
            When my parents were here last week, we tried this place recommended to us called "Bar Mut" and it was fantastic!  Every tapas dish they brought out was superb, and the final one was beef fillets topped with foie gras which were incredible.  I can only say the best of things about this bar restaurant because I have not eaten food that good in years, honestly.  Even the salad had some type of thick cheese in it, and being a huge fan of cheese I of course wasn't complaining.  I could talk for hours about the food and tapas in this city, but I do not think it would be that exciting to read after awhile!  My other favorite tapas dishes include ham and cheese croquettes, and prawns.  Although I love them all so it is hard to narrow it down to a few choices.  When I go back to America I may try making my own tapas dishes, but I think they won't be the same as here.  The bottom left picture is this dish comprised of thin strips of crispy potatoes, shrimp and egg below, which is served at Bar Mut and was one of the most delectable foods I have ever eaten, period.  If you know what it is called or have heard of it before, I highly recommend you go and try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment