Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Polls of Independence for Catalan and the Politcal Parties Futures


Here is the link: 

http://www.catalannewsagency.com/news/politics/support-catalonia%E2%80%99s-independence-grows-and-polls-say-pro-independence-parties-would-wi
 http://www.catalannewsagency.com/news/politics/support-catalonia%E2%80%99s-independence-grows-and-polls-say-pro-independence-parties-would-wi

I am very excited to be living in Barcelona during election time so I can really see how the process is carried out.  After learning about all these political parties in the classroom, being able to actually see their campaigns and read articles about their progress has made this a fun experience.  I was very surprised to read that 57% of Catalans would vote for independence, because had previously thought it wasn’t nearly as high.  This movement is quickly becoming a reality and I hope that eventually things can be settled, independence or not.  However, I do think Catalonia could be self-sufficient country free from Spain’s grasp.
This survey was interesting to read because it is predicting the outcome and helping me understand how the people feel in this area.  I was also very excited to see that it has some data on the political party I am giving a presentation on next week, the Ciutadans.  I am glad to hear that they are expected to double their power in the Catalan Parliament by obtaining 6 MPs and get their own parliament group for the first time ever.  I am not sure when the actual election is, but I hope that I am still in Barcelona so I can see it unfold in front of me!  I am also exciting to learn more about how the process works compared to that of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment