Monday, November 5, 2012

MariscCo & Catalan Food


            The other day my friends and I all went out to dinner at this fantastic restaurant called MariscCo.  Located only a block from our house, it is my favorite place I have been so far to eat.  I consider this to count as traditional Catalan food because it is dedicated to just fresh fish dishes.  As you enter the doors, instead of being greeted by a hostess, instead there is what looks like a seafood market.  A man stands behind rows of sometimes still alive fish, lobsters, prawns, shellfish, octopus, squid, sea bass and many more varieties of undersea life all on ice.  After greeting you, you get to choose what you want and how much of each.  The man gives you recommendations for what they are known for and how each will taste, and then you are led to your seat like any normal sit-down restaurant.  The dishes are prepared with different sauces, flavors and sides, but their specialty is the lobster paella.  It was fantastic!  Not only was the lobster extremely fresh and amazing, the rice and seasonings were incredible.
            I could not have been happier with my meal and was lucky enough to enjoy it with a few bottles of wine.  In terms of the atmosphere, the restaurant is very clean, modern and overall I think pretty high end.  I like the white motif that surrounds you, and gives you the feeling that you are in some futuristic establishment.  I cannot wait to bring my parents there when they come visit me in a few weeks, and I hope if you haven’t already been, you check it out! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment