Sunday, December 2, 2012

Vanguardia International News: Plans for Mexico


           
            For my blog on international news from a Catalan newspaper, I decided to look at la Vanguardia, because I know it is the most popular newspaper in this region.  The article was about the newly elected president of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto, and his plans for the future of the country.  He is drastically trying to change Mexico for the better, so that its citizens can live prosperously and in peace.  Although I have heard about the country’s crime issue, I did not realize how big of a deal it really is, and it is the first thing Nieto is going to change for his people.  I also did not understand that this organized crime has resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people caught in the struggle.
            The article said that the president wants to improve the national economy and allow the people of Mexico get out of poverty.  It was said that millions of Mexicans don’t know where their next meal is coming from.  Additionally, he wants to add human rights including a universal pension system which will promise to help financially the bosses of the family.  After reading what I could understand from the article, it seems that this president is going to do a lot of good for his country and I got the feeling that he really does have a strong passion to change Mexico for the better.  I hope that he can actually fulfill all that he has promised, but only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment