Wednesday, October 3, 2012

FC Barcelona Games!



Leisure Activity: FCB vs. Moscow and FCB vs. Granada

So far since studying abroad here, I have been to two home games of FC Barcelona.  As a huge fan of the sport in general, I also consider this team to be my personal favorite, so having the opportunity to live here a semester meant I would be most surely attending at least a couple games.  The first time I went was when they were playing a Champions League game against Moscow, which was amazing because I have always wanted to an interleague game such as that.  I also have a couple local Barcelona friends that took me to the game, so I was able to ask them questions and experience the entire thing with people that know it best.  That for me was an enormous treat because they gave me a true inside access to the game and the current news floating about the team.
            The second match was against Granada, and this time I decided it was worth the extra money to sit closer to the pitch.  I was lucky enough to get a first row seat directly at half, which to me was an indescribable experience.  The fact that I was able to watch and hear them talk before and during the match, as well as see their sweat and really feel their emotion, was something that made this a truly unforgettable time.  I am so happy I decided to sit where I did because it is something that cannot be experienced by watching the game on television or even sitting farther back in the stadium.  I really felt like a part of the game, and it was so far the most memorable Catalan cultural encounter to date!  Being my favorite team, this only made the entire thing even more sweeter and meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment